Can chiropractic treatment improve sports performance and help prevent sports injury ? – How can a chiropractor help?
A healthy diet complimented with sufficient exercising is key to a balanced lifestyle. With the increasing amount of unbalanced diets and working lifestyle, it has never been more important to constantly ensure you are engaged in sports. Working out and breaking a sweat is not only crucial to a healthy body, but also a healthy mind. Some of us like to go for a slow-paced yoga, jog in the park, some of us prefer having fun with a group of friends such as basketball or group sports. Whatever it is, it’s fine. As long as you’re actively working out, you are on the right track.
How can a chiropractor help?
Be it you are a professional athlete or just a weekend hiker, you will most probably end up at a chiropractor’s clinic only when you have sustained some form of sports injury, right? There’s a little misconception going on here because a chiropractor can not only treat your sports injury, but we can also help to PREVENT sports injury through regular chiropractic treatment. Discuss with our chiropractor what your want to achieve in your sport, we can customize the chiropractic treatment to improve your sports performance, help to prevent sports injuries, treat your sports injuries, or even help improve your overall musculoskeletal health.
1. Improve sports performance
• Chiropractors optimises your athletic potential to assist you in reaching your maximum sports performance
• Your body is under constant pressure and stress and it intensifies when you engage in active sports. This would affect joints, ligaments, tendons and every muscle throughout your body. Proper chiropractic adjustments can reduce these stresses throughout your body keeping it in the optimal state
• Chiropractors can customise your chiropractic treatment to promote your body’s natural healing mechanisms, reducing healing and recovery time required to reach optimal state
• Regular chiropractic treatment ensures a balanced body and increased flexibility
2. Help prevent sports injuries
• Injuries can be prevented by ensuring your joint and muscle flexibility are well balanced
• Through regular chiropractic care, chiropractors are able to detect any minor or hidden issues with your body such as spinal alignment or perhaps something you have not noticed. With the proper chiropractic treatment, these minor issues can be treated much quicker before it becomes an injury
• Chiropractors can correct postural imbalances which can lead to alignment issues causing additional stress on the body which might lead to sports injuries
• Regular chiropractic care keeps the musculoskeletal system healthy, making your body less prone to sports injuries
How our chiropractor can help with chiropractic adjustments
Chiropractic treatment is widely used by professional athletes all around the world to make sure they are ahead of the game. Even if you are not a professional athlete, chiropractic treatment can also help improve your sports performance and prevent sports injuries.
Give us a call or drop us an email to get an appointment with our chiropractor in Malaysia. Our chiropractor is based in Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia