While many of us are prone to following a routine when it comes to work, rote repetition can lead to chronic health issues if you’re not careful. Here are 5 mistakes you should avoid daily:
- Repetitive work conditions: A typical office worker sits for 8 hours a day, with poor posture and no need to stand up. This can lead to low-back pain, tendinitis, and bursitis, as the days go by.
- Dominant hand abuse: When it comes to carpal-tunnel syndrome, the dominant hand is usually affected first, and the pain is typically severe. CTS is especially common in assembly-line workers in manufacturing, sewing, finishing, cleaning, meatpacking, and similar industries.
- Forward Head Posture: This is becoming more common for computer users at work, where the worker leans forward towards the computer screen as they do work. This can result in the loss of vital capacity of the lungs, loss of gastrointestinal function, and can add up to thirty (30) pounds of abnormal leverage on the cervical spine.
- Text-Neck: Similar to Forward Head Posture, this pertains to the downward tilt of one’s head when texting. This affects mostly to the neck, with prolonged strain leading to severe damage to the neck and spinal cord.
- Stressful work conditions: While many forms of work can be stressful, managing one’s daily stress levels is key. One major detriment stress can cause is depression, which can result in more days of disability than chronic heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes.
While nobody can deny work is important, your healthy body is also crucial to getting your work done. With proper chiropractic treatment to correct your postures or conditions you may have; it would surely increase your work efficiency as your body is now ready for more work! To avoid these issues from piling up, consult Balance Chiropractor, and we’ll be sure to take the load off your back!